Please note: From 19th October 2020 we will no longer allow you to bring in your own fire drum.
An open campfire is part of the fun of camping and there’s nothing better at the end of the day than sitting around the fire with family or friends, with a hot or cold beverage of your choice, toasting marshmallows and enjoying being outside with nature, staring at the flames and reflecting on all that happened that day.
Being one of the few parks that still allow campfires all year round, we have revised our rules to permit this fun family activitity to continue. There are certain times of the year, during the fire danger period (wind speeds are a major factor during this time) or on days of total fire ban that you may not be permitted to light a fire.
For those in our unpowered camping areas there are a large number of firedrums set up around the area, for those on a powered site for a small fee, we can deliver a fire drum and firewood to your site.
- Fires only between the hours of 7am & 11pm (last logs on at 10pm)
- Campfires are only allowed on sites not at cabins or ensuite sites.
- They must be fully contained in a proper fireplace, in our un-powered we have fire pits set up on concrete pads, if you’re on a powered site you can hire a drum from us for $20 if you buy our wood. (Wood $15 per bag or 3 bags for $36).
- Fire drums must be ordered before 3pm for us to deliver to your site.
- Firewood must be no longer than 400mm and must be cut before it is brought into the park, no splitting or chopping of wood in the park, no chainsaws, axes or tomahawks etc.
- We don’t allow storing or unloading of more than 50kg of wood on your site. If you bring in more please leave that stored in your car/ute/trailer.
- An area of 3 metres all around and above the fire is completely clear of flammable material.
- FIREPLACES must be at the FRONT of the SITE (ABLE TO BE EXTINGUISHED from THE ROAD IN AN EMERGENCY.)
- A responsible ADULT must be in attendance at all times.
- If you wish to empty the drum during your stay there is an ash bin located near the compound area for disposal of your cold ashes, do not dispose of ashes around trees, on the foreshore or anywhere else around the park. Ask staff for directions.
- You must completely extinguish the fire with WATER before 11pm, do not use sand.
- Please insure you have a 10ltr bucket of water within 1m of your fire at all times.
Please refer to the CFA for more details on CAN I or CAN’T I
Holiday Accommodation in the Grampians
Looking for accommodation in the Grampians for your upcoming holiday? Lake Fyans Holiday Park has many family-friendly accommodation options including campsites, COLORBOND cabins, village cabins, Grampians view units, and modern four-bedroom holiday houses. With a game room, an on-site bistro, and lots of other fun family activities, Lake Fyans Holiday Park is the perfect place for you to plan your next outdoor adventure.